- Go to ReSharper | Help | Profile Visual Studio (for VS 2019: Extensions | ReSharper | Help | Profile Visual Studio). If you are getting any errors, please check What can go wrong list below.
- Press “+” button for attachments and select "Performance Snapshot (Sampling)".
- Then you need to reproduce the slowdown scenario and click “Stop profiling” when you’re done.
- After clicking “Stop profiling”, the performance snapshot will get attached to the "Problem Report" in the "Feedback Center" dialog.
Note: If you need to redo your performance capture, you can click the red "X" icon next to the performance capture and repeat steps 2,3.
- Provide a good Subject and Description of the performance issue you experience.
- It will be helpful if you authenticate using browser authentication so the snapshot won't be submitted anonymously. Sometimes we need to contact you to collect some more details.
- When the performance report is complete, you'll be able to upload the snapshot to our FTP server by clicking on "Submit" button.
What can go wrong:
Any errors in uploading files for FTP after clicking on "Submit": Sometimes uploading to ftp is prohibited in a local network, then please do the following:
- Call a context menu for an attached performance snapshot;
- Select "Open file location";
- Share such a file with us using https://uploads.jetbrains.com/ or any cloud services like Dropbox, GoogleDisk, etc.