Code Coverage Suddenly Fails to Work Follow
Hi, I've been using
- JetBrains ReSharper Ultimate 2017.3.2 Build 111.0.20180201.63358
- Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013
Version 12.0.31101.00 Update 4
Microsoft .NET Framework
and Code Coverage analysis had been working perfectly fine for a month. Suddenly last week I started getting the following error every time I attempt to "Cover Unit Tests":
- Coverage analysis: Profiler message: Instrumentation was requested, but wasn't made (C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\JetBrains\Installations\ReSharperPlatformVs12\JetBrains.ReSharper.TaskRunner.CLR45.x64.exe [pid=6912])
Searching through similar issues I saw mention of potential issues due to WIndows Updates, profiles with limited access, etc. While I am working on a machine with admin rights restricted a bit (a COTS tool is used to control admin elevation), the coverage analysis had been working fine with it since I installed Resharper Ultimate and dotCover last month.
I have several co-workers with similar machines, similar access restrictions, and they still can use code coverage analysis. I am actively working with our internal IT team to determine what updates/patches/etc may have been applied to just my machine recently, but I am still stumped in the mean time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please sign in to leave a comment.
[Solved] - It turns out the problem was due to a coverage filter that had been recently created. (It was created at the end of the week, and simply forgotten about when the next code coverage analysis was made). The rule I added seemed pretty simple so I don't know why it caused a problem. Here's how it was configured
There were no indications in any error messages that a filter was to blame. (I had enabled verbose logging for Resharper, but that didn't provide me with any extra messages applicable to my problem) Since the coverage filter is a user setting, it was saved in a file that wasn't affected by my numerous uninstall/reinstall attempts.
Glad that you've sorted out the issue!
Here's a feature request to help users to troubleshoot empty/missing coverage results https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/DCVR-8039, you are welcome to vote for it.
I update DotCover from 2018.1.4 to 2019.1.1. The error message changed to: