TestResults not being created

I am running R# to run MSTEST tests and have been struggling with deployment for some time.
I did have a solution in R#8, but it now seems to be broken.  I'm not sure if it is an 8.0.1 issue or something has changed in my environment

I found that turning on VS deployment caused problems with assemblies simply not being found so gave up with that
I found that using DeploymentItem attributes caused similar problems (guess it turned on deployment)

SO, now I have a have a postbuild step of:
xcopy /Y /S  "$(ProjectDir)TestData" "$(TargetDir)"

to copy all my test data to the bin folder, so that it will then be picked up by R# prior to running the tests.

However, now I'm getting an error:
threw exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\XXX\Web3\DEV\TFSBuild\TestResults\d.yyyyyy_ZZZZZZZZ 2013-10-07 13_50_04\Out\EmailHeader.txt'

The EmailHeader.txt file DOES exist under bin\testdata.
The folder d.yyyyyy_ZZZZZZZZ 2013-10-07 13_50_04 does not exist under TestResults!!!

I have tried with various deployment settings and it always seems to fail with this error

Help!

-------------------
JetBrains ReSharper 8.0.1 C# Edition
Build 8.0.1000.2286 on 2013-09-05T08:18:00

Licensed to: David Roberts
Plugins: 3
#1. “NuGet support for ReSharper” v1.3.0.3356 by JetBrains
#2. “Utility Pack” v1.0.0.0 by “Jakob Christensen”
#3. “Agent Johnson” v2.0.5.0 by “Jakob Christensen”
Visual Studio 11.0.60610.1.

Copyright © 2003–2013 JetBrains s.r.o. All rights reserved.

2 comments
Comment actions Permalink

If some other users to supply some mstest deployment scenarios / methods that def'ly work then maybe I could try them out

0
Comment actions Permalink

It does appear to be working now.

I might have deleted a vsmdi file or other solution files.

This is not very robust tho and I'm going to have to try a different mechanism avoiding relying on deployment at all

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.