I just upgraded to VS2015 from VS2013 as ReSharper 9 from 8. I'm experiencing a couple annoyances and oddities. It seems like VS and ReSharper might be fighting each other a bit.
Most of the problems I've identified are totally throwing off my normal cadence.
Code completion and Intellisense are slow
- Intellisense is taking longer than expected to discover and display completion lists
- Intellisense is intefering with normal typing, even when I'm not trying to invoke auto-complete
- As a result, attempting to quickly type the first quarter or third of an in scope method, for example, then tab to complete is causing 'unexpected' results
- 'Brace Completion' is slow
- This might be a VS thing... i'm still trying to sort who is handling what now
- When typing a method, after the first curly brace, the closing brace appears, as expected. The caret, however, is immediately placed after the closing brace. If given 400-600 ms, the caret will be adjusted to within the method body.
- This results in a very uncomfortable, and common, scenario of declaring the signature, opening a brace, pressing enter almost immediately, and finding myself with an empty method body which my caret is outside of.
There are some other things, I will edit this post to update, but these two have the most impact on my normal activites, and I have to get back to work.
General Development Environment Specs
Core i5 3470
Win 7 64 bit
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (OS, Software, commonly accessed data, such as active project source)
Seagate Barrucda 250GB HD (everything else)
Snapshot of Typical State
Chrome (3-15 tabs)
SQL Server Management Studio
Excel (1-3 workbooks)
Resource Allocations (estimated, and highly dependent on activities, obviously)
0.0 - 0.5 GB 'Free' +
1.0 - 2.5 GB 'Standby' =
1.0 - 3 GB RAM available for new allocation