Just got the same thing 2 times in a row.
1) Created blank solution
2) Added ASP.NET C# web site. Site created in virtual directory
3) Added new Class library. (I wanted to write MembershipPrivider)
4) Created new class in Class library project SqlMemebership... and made
MemebershipProvider as base class. MembershipProvider is red - class is not
recognized. This is correct.
5) Added System.Web to the class project. Shows a lot of activity - I think
because the abstract class wasn't implemented.
6) set cursor on MembershipProvider and wait till appears yellow arrow that
will implement the abstract class.
7) click on the arrow and VS.NET 2005 crashes.
All the best