First of all, thanks for a fantastic product. I've been using Resharper for
nearly two years, and I have a very difficult time developing without it.
Recently I have seen an issue in the following scenario:
1. Using a laptop running Windows XP Pro
2. Using Remote Desktop on the above laptop to communicate with a Windows
2003 Server, dual Xeon CPU (both processors with dual core) and 2GB of RAM
2. Windows Explorer is open in the Remote Desktop session on the 2003 Server
3. VStudio 2005 is open in the Remote Desktop session on the 2003 Server
4. Resharper build 251 is enabled.
4. VStudio 2005 is the currently active window in the Remote Desktop
5. I disconnect (not log off or close) my Remote Desktop session that is
communicating with the Windows Server 2003 machine.
6. I do some work for a short period of time on my laptop.
7. I reconnect my Remote Desktop session with the Windows Server 2003
8. Although VStudio 2005 was formerly the active window when I disconnected
the Remote Desktop session, Windows Explorer now is.
9. When I try to make the VStudio instance the active window, it either
never paints itself or begins to, leaving me looking at Windows Explorer and
part of VStudio drawn on the screen.
10. Nothing happens for a minute or two.
11. I open a Task Manager window to see VStudio using 20%-30% of the CPU
power on the machine.
12. The "rdpclip.exe" process is using around 10% of the CPU.
13. VStudio never fully comes back to life.
At this point I have to shut down the VStudio instance and restart. I can
consistently reproduce this same scenario.
Hope I've helped in some way.