I noticed with the 4.5.1 version of resharper that certain pages were very slow to edit especially asp.net aspx pages. When I say slow I mean I press 5 characters and one character would show at a time in a delayed fashion
I've written about this issue in the past but it wasn't until today that I discovered a workaround for it
The following is what I found that made the editing of webpages faster:
- Open the aspx page
- Start editing the page in source mode
- While doing this you will notice a slowdown in typing
- Now go to File->Close ...
- A warning popup shows "Save changes to the following item(s)..."
- Press cancel
- You are now back to the source editing mode
- Start typing again and you will notice that editing is very fast once again
- If you save the page this time, editing is once again slow
I have no idea why this would be the case but hopefully it gives the developers a clue on how to fix this problem.
Note: This error does not occurr with resharper is off
Thanks for your time