R# 6.1 eap [6.1.0.11493]

First I'd like to say that so far, performance seems a little bit better, but not near as much as I expected.  I work with the 'File Structure' window open, and I wonder if this has anything to do with the performance issues I see (in a rather large project, over 175000 loc).  Particularly what Isee is that I can usualyl type faster than VS can keep up when R# is open, and especially in WPF .xaml files the editor is very sluggish.

I've also noticed that memory usage is WAY WAY up in 6.1, granted this is an EAP build, but I'm seeing memory usages well over 3x what I had seen with 6.0.

rs61.png
1.32GB, where I used to normally be right around 250MB.  I just started using dotCover though, so maybe that's the reason?  

I would also add that I'm happy to give up the memory if it means better performance. :^O

2 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Mark,

Thank you for feedback! It would be really great if you could capture some
performance snapshots (by following the instructions at http://tinyurl.com/6xgxpw5)
of the moments when ReSharper becomes slow and upload them to ftp://ftp.intellij.net/.uploads/.
We'd really like to address this problem, so your help is much appreciated.
As to memory usage, could you please uninstall dotCover and check this this
helps to make it smaller?

Andrey Serebryansky
Senior Support Engineer
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

First I'd like to say that so far, performance seems a little bit
better, but not near as much as I expected.  I work with the 'File
Structure' window open, and I wonder if this has anything to do with
the performance issues I see (in a rather large project, over 175000
loc).  Particularly what Isee is that I can usualyl type faster than
VS can keep up when R# is open, and especially in WPF .xaml files the
editor is very sluggish.

I've also noticed that memory usage is WAY WAY up in 6.1, granted this
is an EAP build, but I'm seeing memory usages well over 3x what I had
seen with 6.0.

Image:rs61.png 1.32GB, where I used to normally be right around
250MB.  I just started using dotCover though, so maybe that's the
reason?

I would also add that I'm happy to give up the memory if it means
better performance.

---
Original message URL:
http://devnet.jetbrains.net/message/5366933#5366933



0
Comment actions Permalink

RE: Memory issues, I do believe this is related to dotCover, specifically to running coverage tests.  I noticed that just using VS/R# the memory usage seems normal (possibly even a bit improved with 6.1), I haven't run any coverage tests since Friday when I initially noticed, but I will try to verify that is the issue.

RE: General performance, I took a couple of snapshots, one of XAML files and one of .CS files and uploaded them.  I also created a couple of issues to match.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.