Resharper 6.1 not pulling in references to helper methods?

I've filed a couple of bugs on Resharper 6.1 EAP, complete with screenshots:

http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/RSRP-281738
http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/RSRP-282406

I'm not exactly sure what's triggering them. For instance, I'm using the ReactiveUI library to create an ObservableAsPropertyHelper<Visibility> that looks like this:

disconnectVisibility = this.WhenAny(
     x => x.Model,
     x => x.UserId,
     x => x.SessionCollectionVm.ViewModelCount,
     (m, u, c) => GetDisconnectVisibility()).ToProperty(this, x => x.DisconnectVisibility);


Despite the excessively strange syntax, this is a legitimate expression: it compiles and runs, and R# 6.0 didn't have any problems with it. But 6.1 won't recognize that the "DisconnectVisibility" property exists, and throws a "Cannot resolve symbol 'DisconnectVisibility'" error. But in other fairly similar scenarios (e.g., generic helper methods which reference properties via expressions), no error is thrown.

So a couple questions:

(1) Is anyone else seeing stuff like this in 6.1?

(2) Any suggestions for working around it, other than just ignoring it for now, or back-reving to 6.0?

(3) Should I expect the good folks at JetBrains to do anything with my bug report other than fix it? Will they typically respond and let me know when it's fixed, or ask more questions, that sort of thing?
5 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Ken,

I'm afraid I couldn't reproduce this behavior with the latest build of ReSharper
6.1. So the answer to question 3) is we'd really like to fix this problem,
but we need more information. Have you tried clearing ReSharper caches (close
all instances of Visual Studio and remove ReSharper.<solutionname> subfolder
of your solution folder)? If clearing cache doesn't help, could you please
create a small sample solution that would exhibit the same behavior and attach
it here? Thank you!

Andrey Serebryansky
Senior Support Engineer
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

I've filed a couple of bugs on Resharper 6.1 EAP, complete with
screenshots:

http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/RSRP-281738
http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/RSRP-282406
I'm not exactly sure what's triggering them. For instance, I'm using
the ReactiveUI library to create an
ObservableAsPropertyHelper<Visibility> that looks like this:

disconnectVisibility = this.WhenAny(

     x => x.Model,

     x => x.UserId,

     x =>
x.SessionCollectionVm.ViewModelCount,

     (m, u, c) =>
GetDisconnectVisibility()).ToProperty(this, x =>
x.DisconnectVisibility);

Despite the excessively strange syntax, this is a legitimate
expression: it compiles and runs, and R# 6.0 didn't have any problems
with it. But 6.1 won't recognize that the "DisconnectVisibility"
property exists, and throws a "Cannot resolve symbol
'DisconnectVisibility'" error. But in other fairly similar scenarios
(e.g., generic helper methods which reference properties via
expressions), no error is thrown.

So a couple questions:

(1) Is anyone else seeing stuff like this in 6.1?

(2) Any suggestions for working around it, other than just ignoring it
for now, or back-reving to 6.0?

(3) Should I expect the good folks at JetBrains to do anything with my
bug report other than fix it? Will they typically respond and let me
know when it's fixed, or ask more questions, that sort of thing?

---
Original message URL:
http://devnet.jetbrains.net/message/5442905#5442905



0
Comment actions Permalink

Attached. See the TestViewModel class in the attached project. It builds and runs, but Resharper 6.1 can't find the x.Uri property.

 

using System;
using System.Windows.Browser;
using ReactiveUI;
 
namespace ResharperBugRepro
{
     public class TestViewModel : ReactiveObject
     {
          public TestViewModel()
          {
               uriObservable = this.WhenAny(x => x.IntProperty, x => x.StringProperty, (i, s) => GetUri()).ToProperty(this, x => x.Uri);
          }
 
          public int IntProperty { get; set; }
          public string StringProperty { get; set; }
 
          private readonly ObservableAsPropertyHelper<Uri> uriObservable;
          public Uri Uri
          {
               get { return uriObservable.Value; }
          }
          private Uri GetUri()
          {
               var builder = new UriBuilder(HtmlPage.Document.DocumentUri);
               builder.Path = @"/" + StringProperty + @"/" + IntProperty;
               builder.Fragment = string.Empty;
               return builder.Uri;
          }
     }
}


Attachment(s):
ResharperBugRepro.7z.zip
0
Comment actions Permalink

I have the same issues after each update of resharper. Delete the cache folders in the solution directory helped me.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I've tried deleting the cache files, but it doesn't seem to have helped. And I've also been able to reproduce this precise issue in a fresh solution.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Ken,

Thank you! I've logged this problem under http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/RSRP-283092
and you're welcome to monitor its status.

Andrey Serebryansky
Senior Support Engineer
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

I've tried deleting the cache files, but it doesn't seem to have
helped. And I've also been able to reproduce this precise issue in a
fresh solution.

---
Original message URL:
http://devnet.jetbrains.net/message/5443153#5443153



0

Please sign in to leave a comment.