ReSharper broken after Windows update

I got strange problem with my Visual Studio - yesterday I've installed the cumulative Windows 8 update described here  

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2012/10/09/updating-windows-8-for-general-availability.aspx   

and then when I started Visual Studio I received message, that ReSharper plugin is broken and must be disabled. So i reinstalled it using the latest EAP v5. When starting Visual Studio ReSharper is now active, but it's just not working - all my referenced namespaces are in red, don't know what to do. This might be also related to strange issue I had yesterday with my PC when it gets stuck during the booting and I started the automated repair, maybe Visual Studio is broken somehow. Anyway the result is when I open my WP7 solution in VS2012, ReSharper is broken, all in red, but building and running my app in emulator works just fine.  

I'll try the "Visual Studio repair" and let you know, if it helps.  

Edit: finished Visual Studio repair, nothing has changed, namespaces and usings of my projects are still in red, altough building  and running works just fine.

5 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

Please let me know if the repair helped.
Thanks!

0
Comment actions Permalink

Interesting discovery, it looks like ReSharper is broken only in Windows Phone projects in VS2012. I tried opening several WinRT and WCF projects and they all work just fine. I use the WP8 preview SDK for VS2012 and it was working just fine until yesterday.

I'm gonna try to reinstall this SDK as well and let you know, if it helps.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Another update: tried reinstalling WP8 SDK, nothing changed. Then I noticed the description of reported exceptions, something about "IO error, cannot read from "C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Local\JetBrains\ReSharper\v7.1\SolutionCaches" so I deleted all folders in there and guess what, it works!

This is the related issue:
http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RSRP-330285

So my guess is when I had that problem with freeze during Windows 8 boot and made Windows Repair, it somehow broke the solution cache folders. My hint might be in case of this exception delete the content of solution cache and reload all assemblies in the background, so user won't notice anything.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the update! We'll look into this exception in order to fix it, meanwhile the 'Clear Caches' workaround seem to help.

Thanks again!

0
Comment actions Permalink

Whenever one of my solutions/projects shows a ton of R# red indicators that just shouldn't be, I clear those caches. So far, that always fixes the problem. Of course, the problem rarely happens, but it's good to know nonetheless.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.