Hi. I've been noticing this annoying behavior since ReSharper 2.0 was commercially released, and continues to annoy me even w/ build 255.
On my main development machine running Windows XP SP2 + patches, I have the task bar set to auto-hide.
However, whenever I open up one of my solutions in Visual Studio 2005, the task bar no longers appears when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I've had to press either the Windows key or Ctrl-Esc to make the task bar re-appear and restore the auto-hide behavior.
This problem can be reproduced as follows:
1. Enable task bar auto-hide.
2. Make sure the task-bar is hidden.
3. Double click on a .sln (or .csproj) file to launch Visual Studio 2005.
4. Don't do anything, and wait for the IDE to comletely load; for me, that means waiting for the little transparent R# window to appear and disappear.
5. Now move your mouse to the bottom of your screen, and the task bar will not appear. Switching to a different application, minimizing, etc., does not make the task bar appear. Not even quitting Visual Studio 2005 will do.
6. Now press the Windows key or Ctrl-Esc to bring up the task bar as well as the start menu.
7. Dismiss the start menu and make the task bar lose input focus, and it will auto-hide.
8. Now move your mouse to the bottom of the screen, and the task bar will now reappear.
When ReSharper 2.0 is not installed, this problem does not occur.