Lost completition on new keyword in R# 3.x

In R# 2.5x when i type:
StringBuilder sb = new

and after keyword 'new' when i press ENTER, then completition combobox
shows me item 'StringBuilder' (constructor) and when i press ENTER
again then it will add item 'StringBuilder' constructor to code:
StringBuilder sb = new StringBuild();

But this feature doesnt work in R# 3.x

Is this a bug or i can enable this somehow?

--
Peter Sulek
terrorix@centrum.sk
XanaNews ver. 1.18.1.6

6 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Peter Sulek wrote:

In R# 2.5x when i type:
StringBuilder sb = new

and after keyword 'new' when i press ENTER, then completition combobox
shows me item 'StringBuilder' (constructor) and when i press ENTER
again then it will add item 'StringBuilder' constructor to code:
StringBuilder sb = new StringBuild();

But this feature doesnt work in R# 3.x

Is this a bug or i can enable this somehow?


Any anyone confirm if its a bug ?

--
Peter Sulek
terrorix@centrum.sk
XanaNews ver. 1.18.1.6

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Peter,

Do you have it enabled at the Options / Environment / IntelliSense / Completion
Behavior page?

Sincerely,
Ilya Ryzhenkov

JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


PS> In R# 2.5x when i type:
PS> StringBuilder sb = new
PS> and after keyword 'new' when i press ENTER, then completition
PS> combobox shows me item 'StringBuilder' (constructor) and when i
PS> press ENTER again then it will add item 'StringBuilder' constructor
PS> to code: StringBuilder sb = new StringBuild();
PS>
PS> But this feature doesnt work in R# 3.x
PS>
PS> Is this a bug or i can enable this somehow?
PS>


0
Comment actions Permalink

Ilya Ryzhenkov wrote:

Hello Peter,

Do you have it enabled at the Options / Environment / IntelliSense /
Completion Behavior page?

Sincerely,
Ilya Ryzhenkov

JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


PS> In R# 2.5x when i type:
PS> StringBuilder sb = new
PS> and after keyword 'new' when i press ENTER, then completition
PS> combobox shows me item 'StringBuilder' (constructor) and when i
PS> press ENTER again then it will add item 'StringBuilder'
constructor PS> to code: StringBuilder sb = new StringBuild();
PS> PS> But this feature doesnt work in R# 3.x
PS> PS> Is this a bug or i can enable this somehow?
PS>


Yes, i have setup 'Automatically show completion list in 0 miliseconds
after:' and also checked '"new" and other object creation keywords.

But i doesnt work. But i found when i type "new" a then press SPACE
then combobox with specified constructor is showed. This is OK, but in
r# 2.5.x there also working hitting ENTER also shows combobox with
constructor.

You can try it simple writing:
StringBuilder sb = new

when new is showed in completion list, hit ENTER key, then 'new ' text
is added but no combobox with constructor is showed like in r# 2.5.x

Attached 'UserSettings.xml' and 'WorkSpace.xml'

--
Peter Sulek
terrorix@centrum.sk
XanaNews ver. 1.18.1.6



Attachment(s):
UserSettings.xml
Workspace.xml
0
Comment actions Permalink

Peter Sulek wrote:

Ilya Ryzhenkov wrote:

Hello Peter,

Do you have it enabled at the Options / Environment / IntelliSense /
Completion Behavior page?

Sincerely,
Ilya Ryzhenkov

JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


PS> In R# 2.5x when i type:
PS> StringBuilder sb = new
PS> and after keyword 'new' when i press ENTER, then completition
PS> combobox shows me item 'StringBuilder' (constructor) and when i
PS> press ENTER again then it will add item 'StringBuilder'
constructor PS> to code: StringBuilder sb = new StringBuild();
PS> PS> But this feature doesnt work in R# 3.x
PS> PS> Is this a bug or i can enable this somehow?
PS>


Yes, i have setup 'Automatically show completion list in 0 miliseconds
after:' and also checked '"new" and other object creation keywords.

But i doesnt work. But i found when i type "new" a then press SPACE
then combobox with specified constructor is showed. This is OK, but in
r# 2.5.x there also working hitting ENTER also shows combobox with
constructor.

You can try it simple writing:
StringBuilder sb = new

when new is showed in completion list, hit ENTER key, then 'new ' text
is added but no combobox with constructor is showed like in r# 2.5.x

Attached 'UserSettings.xml' and 'WorkSpace.xml'


This http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/RSRP-44095 issue tells about
this bug and tells that it is fixed in 3.0.2.
I'll try it and let you know if it is fixed.

--
Peter Sulek
terrorix@centrum.sk
XanaNews ver. 1.18.1.6

0
Comment actions Permalink

Peter Sulek wrote:

Peter Sulek wrote:

Ilya Ryzhenkov wrote:

Hello Peter,

Do you have it enabled at the Options / Environment /
IntelliSense / Completion Behavior page?

Sincerely,
Ilya Ryzhenkov

JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


PS> In R# 2.5x when i type:
PS> StringBuilder sb = new
PS> and after keyword 'new' when i press ENTER, then completition
PS> combobox shows me item 'StringBuilder' (constructor) and when
i PS> press ENTER again then it will add item 'StringBuilder'
constructor PS> to code: StringBuilder sb = new StringBuild();
PS> PS> But this feature doesnt work in R# 3.x
PS> PS> Is this a bug or i can enable this somehow?
PS>


Yes, i have setup 'Automatically show completion list in 0
miliseconds after:' and also checked '"new" and other object
creation keywords.

But i doesnt work. But i found when i type "new" a then press SPACE
then combobox with specified constructor is showed. This is OK, but
in r# 2.5.x there also working hitting ENTER also shows combobox
with constructor.

You can try it simple writing:
StringBuilder sb = new

when new is showed in completion list, hit ENTER key, then 'new '
text is added but no combobox with constructor is showed like in r#
2.5.x

Attached 'UserSettings.xml' and 'WorkSpace.xml'


This http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/RSRP-44095 issue tells about
this bug and tells that it is fixed in 3.0.2.
I'll try it and let you know if it is fixed.


Yeah! it is fixed in 3.0.2, thanx a lot !

--
Peter Sulek
terrorix@centrum.sk
XanaNews ver. 1.18.1.6

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Peter,

PS> Yeah! it is fixed in 3.0.2, thanx a lot !
You are welcome :)

Sincerely,
Ilya Ryzhenkov

JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"



0

Please sign in to leave a comment.