Ok, I know this is already posted in a few forums, but they seem to be quite old (2006 and 2008).
I am using VS 2008 SP1 on WinXP 32bit, 3G ram.
I was using the official release of R# 4.5 but installed the most recent nightly build. BOTH versions were experiencing the same high CPU usage.
I know R# is the issue because if I uninstall it, or remove the add-in, VS works fine, no CPU spikes.
I don't have CodeRush installed, or any other VS plugins.
Everything I type causes a cpu spike.
I've tried disabling code analysis, still happens, site-wide analysis is off.
I've disabled virtually all R# options but it still happens. The only way to fix this is to remove R#, which is a shame because I truely like this product but it is currently making development impossible.
I will listen to any and all suggestions, anything you need from me I will try to provide.