Attached is a plugin that analayzes the accessibility of each property and
method of the current type.
Highlighted in pink, are the properties and methods which are unused within
the current solution.
Highlighted in blue , are the properties and methods which can use a lower
For those highlighted properties and methods, a quick fix is also avaliable.
1) Load the Plugin.
2) Inside a class, right click and choose "Analayze Accessibility" from the
3) Check the highlighted properties and methods.
4) Press Escape to remove the highlighting.
1) The plugin does not highlight properties nor methods which override or
implement properties and method of types based in the System namespace
(meaning that the Dispose method ,for example ,will not be marked as
2) The plug is using the same colors as Usage highlighting, I was
unsuccessfull in registering a new highlighter, any help in that matter will
3) For properties and method which override or implement an interface, the
plugin does not seach for usage of the parent class or the interface. Any
help in that matter will be highly appreciate.
4) The plugin was compiled with VS2005 and R# build 240.