I'm doing my first steps in the R# SDK. As recommended I start my VS2010 with /ReSharper.Internal and am promptly asked to switch from main hive to experimantal hive, from per-machine to per-user location.
- What is a hive?
- What is the "Experimental Hive Assistance Program" trying to fix?
- What are "shell link files", "vsix manifest" and "pckdef"?
- When trying to apply the recommended changes I get a System.UnauthorizedAccessException as I'm following Microsoft's least-privilege development recommendation; can I simply run the change as admin and subsequently return to my usual user account with the changes applied?
- These changes are globaly; will I run into trouble when *not* developing R# plugins? If "yes" what am I supposed to do?
- After reading R# 6 Plugin Development (Fundamentalsand Core Concepts) and parts from Sample Plugin: Is there any document that actually tells me how to run/debug the sample? Some very basic steps?
I suppose there is no need to tell that I've never written a line of plugin-in code for Visual Studio before. I was told I could actually succeed. I'm "developing" doubts, instead.
Any help is very welcome. Thanks