I want to get exactly the same results using code analysis from InspectCode and Resharper but I get different results.
Today I have downloaded the latest versions of the Inspect Code 10.0.2 and the R# 10.0.2. I prepared some small solution with just few classes. I compared code analysis results using the following approaches:
- I executed inspection from Visual Studio 2015 using the following command: Resharper -> Inspect -> “Code issues in solution”. After that I saved result into xml file.
- I executed InspectCode with output parameter to save result in the xml file.
At the end I compared both results and everything was OK. I decided to check how it works with some bigger solution so I downloaded source code of the EntityFramework from github (master branch) and removed EntityFramework.sln.DotSettings file. I generated the results as I described with previous solution but results are completely different. I tried to execute code analysis with and without solution-wide analysis but it doesn't work. Below is the list of issues I got in each run.
- R# with solution-wide analysis: 31106 issues found
- R# without solution-wide analysis: 19287 issues found
- InspectCode with solution-wide analysis: 41553 issues found
- InspectCode without solution-wide analysis: 24272 issues found
Why doesn't it work?