Resharper on VS2005 Team Suite under Vista

I'm using Resharper 2.5.1 under Vista and Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite...

Any attempt to click on the 'lightbulb' gives me an error "ding" and nothing
happens. I can Alt-Enter to access it just fine, and from there I can click
on it, but I can't seem to click on the lightbulb itself.

Is there a fix or work-around for this?


7 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback. I hope we can fix it for 2.5.2.

The corresponding JIRA request has been created, and you are welcome to monitor
its status at http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/RSRP-38314.

Best regards,
- Development Team.


0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello,

Is there a fix or work-around for this?


Restart Visual Studio?

Does this bug reproduce reliably on your box after Devenv is restarted?


Serge Baltic
Omea & R# Developer
JetBrains, Inc — http://www.jetbrains.com
“Develop with pleasure!”


0
Comment actions Permalink

I am not currently experiencing the problem, so no, it's obviously not
reliably reproducable. However, I did experience it for a while, even
through restarts and reboots. But right at this moment, things seem to be
working okay. If it reproduces again, I'll try to pay attention to any
sequence of events.

"Serge Baltic" <baltic@intellij.net> wrote in message
news:dc0986bf5e35e8c94511e3d9c1cd@news.intellij.net...

Hello,

>
>> Is there a fix or work-around for this?
>

Restart Visual Studio?

>

Does this bug reproduce reliably on your box after Devenv is restarted?

>


Serge Baltic
Omea & R# Developer
JetBrains, Inc — http://www.jetbrains.com
“Develop with pleasure!”

>


0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello,

I am not currently experiencing the problem, so no, it's obviously not
reliably reproducable. However, I did experience it for a while, even
through restarts and reboots. But right at this moment, things seem
to be working okay. If it reproduces again, I'll try to pay attention
to any sequence of events.


Thanks in advance. Any additional info is highly welcome. The “nonclicability
problem” used to be a big issue in 2.0, but we've managed to reduce its probability
dramatically in 2.5.


Serge Baltic
Omea & R# Developer
JetBrains, Inc — http://www.jetbrains.com
“Develop with pleasure!”


0
Comment actions Permalink

I'm sorry did you say Vista? I guess purely for the IIS7, that o/s is very undercooked.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Just FYI, this still happens, and in fact is happening now.

I tend to run with multiple instances of Visual Studio open, and tend to
leave them open for days. The lightbulb almost always becomes unclickable
eventually. I hate having to shut down and restart everything (it takes a
long time to get back to my workspaces, because of start up time, and the
fact that Resharper windows can't seem to remember where to dock, etc, etc),
so I "put up with it" for a while before I get to a point where I just have
to shut down and restart.

This issue, and the windows that won't stay docked, are the two biggest
thorns in my side on 2.5.x ... I really hope you can release a bugfix
version of the 2.5.x series that fixes or reduces some of these issues.

"Serge Baltic" <baltic@intellij.net> wrote in message
news:dc0986bf5e7e08c948f9dbcc7fe9@news.intellij.net...

Hello,

>
>> I am not currently experiencing the problem, so no, it's obviously not
>> reliably reproducable. However, I did experience it for a while, even
>> through restarts and reboots. But right at this moment, things seem
>> to be working okay. If it reproduces again, I'll try to pay attention
>> to any sequence of events.
>

Thanks in advance. Any additional info is highly welcome. The
“nonclicability problem” used to be a big issue in 2.0, but we've managed
to reduce its probability dramatically in 2.5.

>


Serge Baltic
Omea & R# Developer
JetBrains, Inc — http://www.jetbrains.com
“Develop with pleasure!”

>


0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello,

This issue, and the windows that won't stay docked, are the two
biggest thorns in my side on 2.5.x ... I really hope you can release a
bugfix version of the 2.5.x series that fixes or reduces some of these
issues.


As for the non-clickable bulbs, there is no bugfix planned for the 2.5 family.
The reason is simple — there are literally no indications of what could be
happening to those bulbs. This issue has become quite rare and non-repeatable
in 2.5, so there are no chances to investigate it on our side. Should you
have any ideas, please feel free to share them, and we could make them into
2.5, if they're reasonable. There have not been any special fixes in 3.0
too, but the bulbs use a different rendering mechanism now (can't be backported
into 2.5:( ), so it could have helped with the issue. Or, maybe, not. Have
you tried any of the 3.0 EAP/Beta/RC/RTM builds?

I'm not up to date with the tool window positioning situation (except for
the fact that recently there have been some more fixes). What I know is that
running multiple VS instances affects the situation badly. That is, if you
start two VSes, then set up the layout, then close them, the chances that
it won't save correctly are pretty high. Having set up the layout in a single
instance (and closed it), I can then run multiple instances without much
trouble.


Serge Baltic
JetBrains, Inc — http://www.jetbrains.com
“Develop with pleasure!”


0

Please sign in to leave a comment.