Something has obviously changed in the implementation of "Find Usages". I'm
using build 202 on VS.Net 2003.
I have a solution that has a LOT of projects. I'm changing a method
signature that I know for a fact is used in four different projects within
this solution. Find usages on the API itself will only find the usages in
that project. If I find usages on one of the other usages, it finds the
usages in the other three projects, but not the project that defines the
This worked fine in Resharper 1.5
To be more explicitly clear, say I have a solution with 26 projects, A
Method Bar() on type Foo is defined in project C.
Projects M, N, and X all reference Foo.Bar();
If I put the cursor on "Bar" in project C, where it's defined, all I get are
references within project C (regardless of whether I use plain old Find
Usages, or Find Usages (advanced) ... but in this case, I'm using the
Advanced, because there are a few overloads I also want to find).
If I place the cursor on "Bar" where it's used in project M, then I find the
usages in projects M, N, and X.
This is bad. Real bad. It means the refactoring isn't working across
projects the way it should.