[227-229-230] Highlight current line in editor doesn't work

Hello,

I'm unable to enable 'Highlight current line in editor'. I tried to uncheck the box (press OK), and then check it off again. No worky. :(

I tried to close VS2005, delete my UserSettings.xml, and start it again. I checked the box, pressed OK. Still no highlighting.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Alexandre

4 comments
Comment actions Permalink

I think is a known problem because of an issue with the VS IDE, it currently
supports only 30 Text Editor Markers, you can see the thread titled "Show
Code Coverage Coloring is messed up." posted on 3/6/2006.

Krishna

"Alexandre Loiseau" <no_reply@jetbrains.com> wrote in message
news:29251498.1143648286746.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net...

Hello,

>

I'm unable to enable 'Highlight current line in editor'. I tried to
uncheck the box (press OK), and then check it off again. No worky. :(

>

I tried to close VS2005, delete my UserSettings.xml, and start it again. I
checked the box, pressed OK. Still no highlighting.

>

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Alexandre



0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Krishna,

no, that's not true. This option should work. Could you please tell us what
color settings do you have for
'Plain Text' and 'ReSharper Current Line' display items in Fonts and Colors?


Regards,
Dmitry Shaporenkov
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

I think is a known problem because of an issue with the VS IDE, it
currently supports only 30 Text Editor Markers, you can see the thread
titled "Show Code Coverage Coloring is messed up." posted on
3/6/2006.

Krishna

"Alexandre Loiseau" <no_reply@jetbrains.com> wrote in message
news:29251498.1143648286746.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net...

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm unable to enable 'Highlight current line in editor'. I tried to
>> uncheck the box (press OK), and then check it off again. No worky. :(
>>
>> I tried to close VS2005, delete my UserSettings.xml, and start it
>> again. I checked the box, pressed OK. Still no highlighting.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> Thanks,
>> Alexandre


0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Dmitry,

For Plain Text, I have black on white. For ReSharper Current Line, I had Default on Default (black on black), and it didn't show a black line.

However, when I changed the color, then the current line highlighting worked again. Everything seems to work now. It's weird that it previously didn't work even though 'Default (black) on Default (black)' was selected.

By the way, do you have an idea when we should expect the Microsoft VS2005 hotfix for fonts and colors?

Thanks,
Alexandre

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello Alexandre,

unfortunately, the hotfix for problem with colors (which may also be responsible
for the problem
with current line you're experiencing) is not available yet. We'll contact
with MS again to ask when it is going
to be published.


Regards,
Dmitry Shaporenkov
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

Hi Dmitry,

For Plain Text, I have black on white. For ReSharper Current Line, I
had Default on Default (black on black), and it didn't show a black
line.

However, when I changed the color, then the current line highlighting
worked again. Everything seems to work now. It's weird that it
previously didn't work even though 'Default (black) on Default
(black)' was selected.

By the way, do you have an idea when we should expect the Microsoft
VS2005 hotfix for fonts and colors?

Thanks,
Alexandre



0

Please sign in to leave a comment.