We have a generated class, representing all entities in some financial
that has the following characteristics:
size: 2.7 MB
classes: 124, each containing 1 constructor and a grand total of ...
properties: 6161, each retrieving a value out of a Dictionary , using a
read-only property from another class (thus referring to 6161 read-only
in another, generated, class) as key.
Just opening the file, takes about:
- 2.5 minutes of 100% CPU before analysis finishes
- 1 more minute to fill the analysis bar with warning marks (6161 warnings)
After removing the warnings (redundant use of keyword base in each
which took about a minute of 5, even with undo temporarily switched off,
opening the file still takes about:
- 40 seconds of 100 CPU%
- File structure window (one of my favorites): closed.
- Highlighting, color identifiers: switched on
- build 253
- version VS2005
- Building the list of warnings seems to be non-linear. I think you can
performance dramtically by using the appropriate data structure.
- Mapping the list of warnings to the analysis bar also seems to be rather
- Ctrl + 8 does not quickly respond. Would it be possible to disable this at
forehand for some files (e.g. some sort of settings file remembering the
files for which it is disabled)?
- Is 40 seconds of 100% CPU acceptabe for a file like this? If not, what can
done about it? (I probably can send you the file personally, but I'm
not allowed to post it here)
Thanks for any comments,