[324] Renaming an alias don't rename the usage of the alias

Hi,

if i define an alias

using TreeNodeOrg = System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode;

No i will rename TreeNodeOrg to TreeNodeWeb then the places where
TreeNodeOrg are used are not renamed.

Regards

Albert

7 comments
Comment actions Permalink

How do you rename "TreeNodeOrg" to anything? ReSharper can only rename a
class, not an alias.

Valentin Kipiatkov
CTO and Chief Scientist
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

Hi,

if i define an alias

using TreeNodeOrg = System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode;

No i will rename TreeNodeOrg to TreeNodeWeb then the places where
TreeNodeOrg are used are not renamed.

Regards

Albert



0
Comment actions Permalink

Valentin Kipiatkov (JetBrains) schrieb:

How do you rename "TreeNodeOrg" to anything? ReSharper can only rename a
class, not an alias.


Sure?

I press F2 for "Rename" the Rename-Dialog appears, also i can choose
Refactors this via Menu oder Shortcut (CtrlShiftF2) for the
Rename-Dialog. Seems that renaming an alias is a "little bit" supported
by R# :)

>> using TreeNodeOrg = System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode;
>>
>> No i will rename TreeNodeOrg to TreeNodeWeb then the places where
>> TreeNodeOrg are used are not renamed.

Regards

Albert

0
Comment actions Permalink

Albert,

This is indeed a bug.

Friendly,
Dmitry

Valentin Kipiatkov (JetBrains) schrieb:

>> How do you rename "TreeNodeOrg" to anything? ReSharper can only
>> rename a class, not an alias.
>>

Sure?

I press F2 for "Rename" the Rename-Dialog appears, also i can choose
Refactors this via Menu oder Shortcut (CtrlShiftF2) for the
Rename-Dialog. Seems that renaming an alias is a "little bit"
supported by R# :)

>>> using TreeNodeOrg = System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode;
>>>
>>> No i will rename TreeNodeOrg to TreeNodeWeb then the places where
>>> TreeNodeOrg are used are not renamed.
>>>

Regards

Albert

--
Dmitry Lomov
Senior Software Developer
JetBrains, Inc.
"Develop With Pleasure!"


0
Comment actions Permalink

Sure?


I tried it myself. It did not work for me. Strange.

Valentin Kipiatkov
CTO and Chief Scientist
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

Valentin Kipiatkov (JetBrains) schrieb:

>> How do you rename "TreeNodeOrg" to anything? ReSharper can only
>> rename a class, not an alias.
>>

Sure?

I press F2 for "Rename" the Rename-Dialog appears, also i can choose
Refactors this via Menu oder Shortcut (CtrlShiftF2) for the
Rename-Dialog. Seems that renaming an alias is a "little bit"
supported by R# :)

>>> using TreeNodeOrg = System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode;
>>>
>>> No i will rename TreeNodeOrg to TreeNodeWeb then the places where
>>> TreeNodeOrg are used are not renamed.
>>>

Regards

Albert



0
Comment actions Permalink

Dmitry Lomov (JetBrains) schrieb:

Albert,

This is indeed a bug.


What?
The renaming of the alias, or that the usages of the alias are not renamed?


Regards

Albert

0
Comment actions Permalink

I can rename the alias, using build 324. Got the same behavior as described
by Albert.

Only works on the alias declaration, not on the code using the alias.

using P = System.Diagnostics.Process; // <-- can rename P here
Process[] plist = P.GetProcesses(); // <-- can't rename P here


"Valentin Kipiatkov (JetBrains)" <valentin@jetbrains.com> wrote in message
news:46346ef1ec93a8c8eb6b51cd63df@news.intellij.net...
>> Sure?
>

I tried it myself. It did not work for me. Strange.

>

Valentin Kipiatkov
CTO and Chief Scientist
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

>
>> Valentin Kipiatkov (JetBrains) schrieb:
>>
>>> How do you rename "TreeNodeOrg" to anything? ReSharper can only
>>> rename a class, not an alias.
>>>
>> Sure?
>>
>> I press F2 for "Rename" the Rename-Dialog appears, also i can choose
>> Refactors this via Menu oder Shortcut (CtrlShiftF2) for the
>> Rename-Dialog. Seems that renaming an alias is a "little bit"
>> supported by R# :)
>>
>>>> using TreeNodeOrg = System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode;
>>>>
>>>> No i will rename TreeNodeOrg to TreeNodeWeb then the places where
>>>> TreeNodeOrg are used are not renamed.
>>>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Albert
>>
>



0
Comment actions Permalink

See http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/RSRP-33274

Valentin Kipiatkov
CTO and Chief Scientist
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

Dmitry Lomov (JetBrains) schrieb:

>> Albert,
>>
>> This is indeed a bug.
>>

What?
The renaming of the alias, or that the usages of the alias are not
renamed?
Regards

Albert



0

Please sign in to leave a comment.