The QuickDocs display fails if the XML Documentation contains all but the most common of HTML entity names. In fact it appears to only recognize the gt and lt entities ( I did not test all of the entity names, but reg, copy, and trade all failed ). When it does not recognize the entity name fails to render the entire documentation and displays an error message instead. The only workaround that I have found is that the QuickDocs DO recognize the entity number, using the #xxx format. This at least allows for the documentation to work as desired but is no longer nearly understandable in the XML Documentation format.