R# is not aware of new setting in Settings.setting

When I add a new setting in the Settings.setting file using the designer, rebuild the project, and then attempt to reference it in code as in "Settings.Default", intellisense doesn't show the new property and R# flags the line as an error. The app compiles fine. I am not sure if this is a Visual Studio problem or R#. The only way I know to get rid of this issue is to restart VS.

I am using VS 2008 SP1.

2 comments

Expand Settings.setting in Solution Explorer and open Settings.Designer.cs.
You don't need to do anything with Settings.Designer.cs -- just keep it open
in the background so ReSharper can pick up the changes as you add/change
settings in the designer.

It's probably been a year or more since I read that thread, but I think one
of the JetBrain's team mentioned that Visual Studio raises file change
events only when the Settings.Designer.cs file is open.

If you find yourself in that situation in the future, just open
Settings.Designer.cs, space, backspace, and save. This forces Visual Studio
to raise a file changed event so ReSharper can pick up the changes.

"abdu" <no_reply@jetbrains.com> wrote in message
news:6294912.104951240598175004.JavaMail.clearspace@app8.labs.intellij.net...

When I add a new setting in the Settings.setting file using the designer,
rebuild the project, and then attempt to reference it in code as in
"Settings.Default", intellisense doesn't show the new property and R#
flags the line as an error. The app compiles fine. I am not sure if this
is a Visual Stu
dio problem or R#. The only way I know to get rid of this issue is to
restart VS.

>

I am using VS 2008 SP1.

>

---
Original message URL:
http://www.jetbrains.net/devnet/message/5236621#5236621


0

Hello,

When I add a new setting in the Settings.setting file using the
designer, rebuild the project, and then attempt to reference it in
code as in "Settings.Default", intellisense doesn't show the new
property and R# flags the line as an error. The app compiles fine. I
am not sure if this is a Visual Studio problem or R#. The only way I know

to get rid of this issue is to

restart VS.


We had been specifically addressing this scenario in the course of v4.5 development,
but it could so happen that something went wrong afterwards. Thanks for the
report, we're checking the cases that do or do not work.


Serge Baltic
JetBrains, Inc — http://www.jetbrains.com
“Develop with pleasure!”


0

Please sign in to leave a comment.