Misbehavior on renaming with linked files

Hello,

i have found a (for me) misbehavior of R# when i try to rename variables in a source file which is linked to more than one project in a solution. I maintain an old VB application which contains a module with global constants. This module is used in 2 projects of the solution. As i started to maintain the application there where two copies of the module, one in each project. So if i had to change something there i always had to remember to do this twice. So i removed one of the copies and placed a link to the module in the project via "Add new item" / "Add as link". Today i renamed one of the constants with R# and found that only the references in the project, which physically contains the module, where renamed. I created an issue for this in Youtrack (see RSRP-336998).

Best Regards and a happy new year

Klaus

2 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for the report. I've replied to you in the comments section of the issue in YouTrack.

0
Comment actions Permalink

don't you see the zip file or what is your concrete problem. I can open it and see the two folders with the VB and C# solution.

Regards
Klaus

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.