My team is upgrading from ReSharper 6.0.2202.688 to 7.1.2000.1478.
As of R# 6.0, our method of syncing settings across the team was:
- A UserSettings.xml file was managed in the svn repo.
- Upon infrequent updates to the above file, each team member would run a script (also managed by svn) that:
- Copied the managed UserSettings.xml file into each user's:
- Where "*" is every subfolder/version of Visual Studio
I know as of R# 6.1, the unified storage mechanism was implemented. I believe the settings I want to manage are the "This Computer" settings, because we want them to apply to all solutions on each developer's computer. However, I have a couple questions:
- Saving settings via the Visual Studio GUI to "This Computer" modified the file located here: %APPDATA%\Roaming\JetBrains\ReSharper\vAny\GlobalSettingsStorage.DotSettings. Is this the file I should overwrite with our script now (instead of the multiple copies of UserSettings.xml in the VS subfolders)?
- If the answer to the above question is yes....What goes in the VS subfolders now (whether it's me or R# that puts things there, I'm just curious)? I noticed that R# automatically created the empty Visual Studio subfolders under: %APPDATA%\Roaming\JetBrains\ReSharper\v7.1.
- What is the best way to "convert" our UserSettings.xml to GlobalSettingsStorage.DotSettings? Surely I don't have to go line-by-line through the UserSettings.xml and set each option through the GUI to create the new GlobalSettingsStorage.DotSettings file.