ReSharper 10. VS 12.0.40629.0. Windows 8.1. Intel i7 64-bit
Resharper's test runner window has some really annoying issues in the latest release:
(These occur with the Output/Coverage window arranged below the tree view. I haven't tried with the Output/Coverage window to the right of the tree view.)
1. Sometimes a test run ends with the progress bar not fully across the screen. Is this by design? In the previous version the bar would always end up fully on the right hand side of the window when the tests had completed. This allowed a user to use the progress bar to, er, track progress. Now you cannot do this. Instead you have to look for movement on the icons in the tree control.
2. With the runner window undocked, re-sizing the window via drag and drop on the RH border causes re-drawing issues with the result column in the tree control. This happens to a lesser extent when the window is docked.
3. From time to time (when running large suites of tests) the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the tree control (if there is one; depends on lengths of test names, lengths of result texts etc) goes mad, flashing wildly.
4. Often the results in the tree control do not match the results according to the progress bar and the other icons across the top of the tree control. See the attached screen-dump. The progress bar shows four failed tests, but the whole of the tree-control is green.
5. The contents of the Output pane are often inconsistent with the selection within the tree.
In my opinion you (JetBrains) have taken your eyes off the quality ball with respect to the test runner since release 8. Version 9 had a whole raft of different issues with the test runner concerning usability. All of the new features, standardised platforms, single installers, unified licensing, continuous testing, faster building etc elsewhere in the product are very nice, but the little day to day glitches in the parts of the product that I use many times each day mount up to produce a very frustrating user experience.