Since updating visual studio last week, I've been experiencing a slew of problems, I've reverted my build to the previous version of Visual Studio, without resolution to the issue. Upon diagnostic, I can disable Resharper to resolve my issue for now, however this is not ideal.
- Parameter Names appear blank (no text in those sections) [I commented this on another user's existing submission]
- IDE freezes when typing Parameters/Attributes, then repeats characters between 64-256 times, causing ide to freeze, then process the next character (GIF at x100 speed).
- IDE window turns to theme backdrop colour. Text cannot be highlighted, cannot be selected, and not editable. (Resolved by restart)
- IDE window showing contents strangely (replicated example)
- Line numbers incorrect/broken
- Paste operation will periodically cause repeated pastes to occur in the same file (will continuously paste until application crash). No screenshot is available. File in image was originally 50 lines.
- JetBrains ReSharper 2021.1.4 Build 211.0.20210706.71525 built on 2021-07-06
- ReSharper 2021.1.20210706.80915
- Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 (Version 16.10.31424.327, InstanceId 222994e8).
Debug steps attempted:
- Disabled Visual Studio AI Assist Intellisense (reduced frequency of event)
- Disabled Solution Wide analysis
- Cleared Cache
- Fresh install Visual Studio
- Fresh install Resharper
- Full restart between each stage
- Created Test Console App (Successfully replicated in a near empty console app)
- Disabled Resharper (All issues resolved)