I am using VS2017, Resharper Ultimate C++, version 2018.1 built 04/14/2018. Visual Studio is version 15.7.27703.
There are some cpp files within the solution that are failing to be parsed. In the UI all that I can see is a red squiggle under the first character in this file, and if I hover over it the message "Exception in parser". The first line in this file is "#include "<a file>"", and the red squiggle is under the hashtag. There are other cpp files in the same solution, located in the same directory, with the same #include at the top, that don't have this issue.
I have been trying to find out some more verbose information but there doesn't seem to be any more information available. Re-running an inspection just yields the same terse error.
I have tried (restarted Visual Studio after every attempt):
- Clearing the cache.
- Unloading the project / reloading the project.
- Copy and pasting the file into a new file.
- Suspending resharper and then un-suspending.
- Toggling analysis off/on/off/on for the single file.
- Make sure in the options that the "Resharper Intellisense" is used.
- Disabling "Read project properties" in "ReSharper | Options | Code Editing | C++ | Performance".
This one was promising because after I did this, syntax coloring at least worked. But navigation still did not work.
- Checking that the project is not excluded in resharper options.
- Turning full solution analysis on/off/on/off.
- Enable inspections, quick fixes, context actions in files external to the solution.
Thank you for your time.