This is a rant... er... call for help.
Build 215 has been pretty much usable all the past week, but today it looks
like it wants to make me shoot myself.
I've been getting the 3 most annoying bugs (at least for me) in quick
succession, non-stop since this morning (nearly 12pm here) :
- identifier shown on a black background (ok, VS bug I know, that's just the
least annoying of the three). Only solution when it happens -> restarting
- 100% CPU used by the analysis engine whenever a file is open. I have no
clue as to what triggers it, but it's by far the first on my "please fix
this quickly" list. Only solution when it happens -> restarting VS.
- loss of keyboard shortcuts. More precisely RS resets the shortcut keys to
its default, removing the other shortcuts I made for some RS actions and
taking over shortcuts I use for non-RS functions. Needless to say, this is
very annoying. Only solution when it happens -> changing (yet again) all
shortcuts... That's second on my "please fix this quickly" list.
Small example of the latest sequence, just before I wrote this post :
- I'm working on a file, classic class, nothing exotic
- I make a rename refactoring on a local variable. I write the new name, hit
space/enter/whatever and the autocompletion replaces the new name with
whatever was last in the suggestions (a completely irrelevant name).
- I undo. RS loses its mind, throws an exception, screws up its highlight.
- while closing/reopening the file to try to refresh the highlight (without
much success), the identifier coloring bug shows its face.
- I close/restart VS (feels like I spent most of the morning doing this)
- I reopen the file, highlighting fixed, I'm resuming work. Or so I thought.
- I hit Alt-1 (a shortcut I use for QuickFix, easier to use than Alt-Enter),
it doesn't work. I check in the options and yes, RS has reset all its
- I'd love to change all shortcuts back, but the 100% CPU bug has also
appeared, so I first need to close/restart VS again.
- I come here and write this post before I'm unable to write anything with
the smallest amount of self-control.
(in this case there was an exception from RS, but it's not needed for those
bugs to appear, unfortunately...)
I'd really love to hear from someone having the same troubles (at least I'd
feel less lonely), but I'd love even more hearing that the two last bugs
(100% CPU use and resetting of shortcuts) are known and will be fixed soon.
As said in the subject, I'm getting crazy here...