while working on my VB solution i have renamed a variable (no rename refactoring, just overwritten) which caused over a hundred red error ticks from R#. I tried to correct these errors with the normal find / replace. During the operation VS reacts slower and slower with each replace and ending up in a crash.
The file i was editing is a module with around 2.500 LOC. The variable i tried to replace was local to a method declaration. The body of the method has around 1.000 LOC.
It seems to be very hard to find the reason for the performance problems with VB. The last few builds where quite acceptable on performance for me, but the current build taxes my patience. Also in my sense builds with even numbers are generally slower than builds with odd numbers.