Publishing a Click Once app from Visual Studio 2013 fails after upgrade to R# 18.104.22.1680
I have a completely reproducable issue that affects ALL ClickOnce apps:
If I turn off R# I can publish and republish a ClickOnce app as many times as I like.
If I enable R#, the build fails after the first publish.
After it has failed, if I go to the project properties and go to one of the tabs of the Project Properties, I get this error message:
A numeric comparison was attempted on "$(TargetPlatformVersion)" that evaluates to "" instead of a number, in condition "'$(TargetPlatformVersion)' > '8.0'". C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets
This problem then persists until I close and reopen Visual Studio. Suspending and Resuming R# does not fix the issue.
Note that rebuilding the project causes no problems - it's only the publishing that causes the issue.
Also, if I suspend R# before publishing and resume it after publishing, things are fine.
Also, it's fine with Visual Studio 2012
Here's what I think is an important clue
This error only occurs if the following option is enabled:
Project Properties -> Publish Tab -> "Automatically increment revision with each publish".
When that option is selected, the project's ".csproj" file will be updated during the build. Perhaps that is triggering the problem.
Other installed addons
Code Contracts (from Microsoft)
Web Essentials 2013
Visual F# 3.1