[818] Resharper 4 cannot see controls inside ajaxToolkit:TabContainer.

My page includes <ajaxToolkit:TabContainer> which has several controls inside. The controls which are in that <ajaxToolkit:TabContainer> are marked red in the code with the message "Cannot resolve symbol".

Resharper 3.1 has no problem with this.

Edited by: net_prog on Jun 8, 2008 12:04 AM

15 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you for the feedback. Fixed in build 818.

--
Sergey V. Coox
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


0
Comment actions Permalink

Just downloaded and installed RC-3, the problem remains.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Provide us with the sample website, please. Will fix in the bugfix update.

--
Sergey V. Coox
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


0
Comment actions Permalink

Attached the sample markup page and the image showing the container of the controls and a sample of one of the controls which are invisible for Resharper.



Attachment(s):
sample.png
default.aspx
0
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you for the feedback.

--
Sergey V. Coox
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


0
Comment actions Permalink

When I can download a new release with this bug fixed?

Edited by: net_prog on Jun 9, 2008 8:07 PM

0
Comment actions Permalink

The first bugfix update to ReSharper 4.0 will contain the fix.

--
Sergey V. Coox
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


0
Comment actions Permalink

Has this issue been resolved?

I seem to suffer from the same/similar problem.

The problem is not present in Resharper 3.1, but is in the latest version of 4.0 (4.0.819.19).

Oddly enough the problem isnt consistent across all pages in a solution. The same controls used in the same namespace only cause problems on some pages. The trend seems to be the more complex/code heavy the pages, the more likely the problem is to occur.



Attachment(s):
frontend1.png
codebehind1.png
frontend2.png
codebehind2.png
0
Comment actions Permalink

Thomas,
Could you try the most recent 4.0.1 nightly build, and if the problem
persists create a small sample solution for us?

--
Sergey V. Coox
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


0
Comment actions Permalink

Edit: google answered my question :)



Shouldn't be a problem - however where can i find the latest builds?

Friendly regards,
Thomas Magnussen

Edited by: Thomas on Aug 20, 2008 12:32 PM

0
Comment actions Permalink

Ok unfortunately the problem persisted. I tried both your 4.1 RC1 release (4.1.922.25) and the latest nightly build (august 20th, 4.1.927.9). The problem didnt go away unfortuantely.

Im a bit tied up at work atm so i dont have time to make a sample solution for you, but i will as soon as time permits.

Friend regards,
Thomas Magnussen

0
Comment actions Permalink

edited

Edited by: Thomas on Sep 17, 2008 1:48 PM

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi

I finally got around to making that sample site for you. Note that the problem is still present in version 4.1 of Resharper (but as always works fine in 3.1).

You can download a sample project here: http://www.magnussens.dk/testsite.rar

The thing to look for:

Open the solution file in the Website folder. Go to the m/mts/Tender.aspx and Tender.aspx.cs files.

I've obviously had to remove alot of stuff so theres a few warnings here and there (no need to attempt to build it anyway).

Note "lvRemark" and "lvRemark2". These are controls of the same type. If you look in the frontend code, you'll see that "lvRemark" is placed inside some other controls (Contentpadding etc). When placed here Resharper 4 apparently cant access or recognize the object or its content. When placed outside it works fine as can be seen with "lvRemark2" by looking at the code-behind. "lvRemark" is flagged as "Cannot resolve symbol 'lvRemark'" where as "lvRemark2" is accessed without problems.

Note btw - its only Resharpers codeanalisys that fails. The project builds fine - and as said - it doesnt seem to be a problem for Resharper 3.1.

Hope this helps.

Friendly regards,
Thomas Magnussen

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thomas, thanks a lot for the sample. We'll definitely fix the problem by 4.5
release. And we'll do our best to fix in 4.1 but this is not certain. Here's
a JIRA link http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/RSRP-80955 to track
progress.

--
Sergey V. Coox
JetBrains, Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"


0
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you - looking forward to it. Feel free to contact me at r3sh4rp3d 4t gm4il d0t c0m (replace: 3 == e, 4 == a, 0 == o) if you experience problems reproducing the problem (i might not spot it if you reply here later on).

Friendly regards
Thomas Magnussen

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.