Yes, this will be another post about poor performance of R#.
I've been using R# since version 4. At that time, our work solution comprised of slightly above 100 projects and it was not possible to use R# with the whole solution. But when I unloaded the projects that I did not need, I cut the number to around 30 and R# was more or less usable (but it keeps underlining the code referencing types from the unloaded projects - why, when everything compiles fine? this problem continues up until now). I was enthusiastic about R#, recommended it to my colleagues and wrote a review to support what I regarded as good product.
Each new version of R# promised improved performance, but I never noticed a big difference.
As time went by, the solution grew even more, now it is about 150 projects. When I unload those projects that I don't need, I got about 50, but R# is not usable even with this limited solution. VS get unresponsive very often and after some time of work, OutOfMemory exception begin to pop up.
I am not using R# any more, even though I love its features. I now regret the time I spent learning to use R# effectively and lost the habit of using the built-in capabilities of VS. They lack nice features of R#, but at least they don't make VS unresponsive each once in a while.
I uninstalled R# recently. I will look for alternatives (maybe Telerik product, as is suggested in this post http://devnet.jetbrains.net/thread/432674) or just wait until MS incorporates the most critical features into Visual Studio itself.