- Go to ReSharper | Help | Profile Visual Studio (for VS 2019: Extensions | ReSharper | Help | Profile Visual Studio). If you are getting any errors, please check What can go wrong list below.
- Press “+” button for attachments and select "Performance Snapshot (Sampling)".
- Then you need to reproduce the slowdown scenario and click “Stop profiling” when you’re done.
- After clicking “Stop profiling”, the performance snapshot will get attached to the "Problem Report" in the "Feedback Center" dialog.
Note: If you need to redo your performance capture, you can click the red "X" icon next to the performance capture and repeat steps 2,3.
- Provide a good Subject and Description of the performance issue you experience.
- It will be helpful if you authenticate using browser authentication so the snapshot won't be submitted anonymously. Sometimes we need to contact you to collect some more details.
- When the performance report is complete, you'll be able to upload the snapshot to our FTP server by clicking on "Submit" button.
If you notice that Visual Studio is slow at startup, then please use the following instructions for collecting performance snapshot.
What can go wrong:
Any errors in uploading files for FTP after clicking on "Submit": Sometimes uploading to ftp is prohibited in a local network, then please do the following:
- Call a context menu for an attached performance snapshot;
- Select "Open file location";
- Share such a file with us using https://uploads.jetbrains.com/ or any cloud services like Dropbox, GoogleDisk, etc.