ReSharper Installer does not run (ReSharper 4.x - 8.x) Follow
Example error messages:
This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.
Running this package is prevented by Windows Security Policy. Please contact your System Administrator.
Possible Reason: ReSharper MSI Installer might be corrupted or blocked by Windows Security Policy.
- ReSharper MSI Installer does not have a valid digital signature. A missing or damaged digital signature indicates that the file has been corrupted during download, or tampered with.
- Open shell properties window of the MSI file (right-click on the file and choose "Properties" from the context menu), "Digital Signatures" tab: the file should be digitally signed byJetBrains s.r.o.
- "Details" button: there should be a label reading "This digital signature is OK":
- As a downloaded file, MSI would usually have the Internet Zone Identifier. Security policies might be configured to prevent installation of such packages.
- Open shell properties window of the MSI file (right-click on the file and choose "Properties" from the context menu).
- "General" tab: use the "Unblock" button to remove the Internet Zone Identifier:
- If the file has no valid Digital Signature, please download ReSharper MSI Installer again. You might have to use a different internet browser, PC or even Internet Service Provider (ISP) to bypass the cached copy of the broken file.
- Use the "Unblock" button to remove the Internet Zone Identifier.
- Run the installer with Local Administrator privileges.
Please sign in to leave a comment.